The FinTech industry in Kenya have formed a new association known as The Kenyan FinTech Association (FINTAK) ( hyperlink https://fin-tech.co.ke/ ) in May 2021 with the vision: “To be the recognized professional authority representing all fintech companies in Kenya” and its mission is: “To represent and promote excellence in the fintech sector in Kenya, serving as a resource and forum for education, information sharing, and networking between companies, policymakers, and the general public.”
FINTAK is the first not-for-profit organization representing leading FinTech companies of all sizes, the objectives of the association include:
- To Promote, communicate and develop cooperation and dialogue between Fintech companies within Kenya.
- To speak with one voice for the Fintech sector and highlight the significant developments in the Fintech fields and provide pragmatic solutions;
- To advocate and represent the interests of its members at the policy level, in particular in relation to the National regulatory bodies;
- To lead Fintech companies in delivering comprehensive, innovative, and understandable financial services products for all Kenyans.
- To foster sound tech regulation that is beneficial for the overall Kenyan financial market making consumers see the advantages of technology for finance.