Ghana’s Insurance regulator is inviting applications for insurance innovations to participate in it Insurtech accelerator programme. The programme designed to support and grow the nation’s insurtech start-ups, while unlocking innovations which can help transform the country’s insurance industry.
10 innovators will be selected to participate in a ten-week programme that will provide them with the expertise, resources, and support to develop and scale market-ready solutions that bring social and/or commercial value to Ghana’s insurance sector.
Applications for InnoLab are now open on: https://innolab-app.azurewebsites.net/. The deadline for submission is 26 January 2022.
Successful applicants will need to meet the following criteria:
1. Unique, innovative businesses, focused on solving a compelling problem, economic or social, that bring social and/or commercial value to the insurance industry
2. Makes innovative use of technology (hardware or software) as part of the business solution. Climate-based insurtech innovators and innovations addressing MSMEs are strongly encouraged to apply;
3. Have a working prototype of the solution (at a minimum) that is either in the market or ready-to-launch;
4. Have the potential to grow and scale to achieve high impact driving gains in line with inclusive insurance goals; and
5. Have a leadership team comprised of driven, coachable and collaborative people with some expertise in the area of focus.
6. Gender-balanced teams and solutions that incorporate a gender inclusion lens will have an added advantage