The Recommendations are intended to guide law enforcement, judicial authorities, regulators and the private sector in broad approaches that are necessary to protect citizens and the global economy from the risks of abuse of cryptocurrencies and other virtual assets.
- International cooperation
- Virtual asset recovery
- Public-private cooperation
- Harmonised regulation and its effective implementation
- Investigative techniques and technologies
- Capacity building
- Multidisciplinary approach, including through specialised law enforcement units