Baker McKenzie Fintech Counsel Fund has been launched to provide practical support to three carefully selected fintech companies out of the shortlisted ones as they seek to make their mark in the fintech industry. These three finalists will be given a structured six-month support package of legal and commercial advice as a guide to grow their business.
Selected Fintech companies during the six month Fintech Counsel Fund programme will :
- have an experienced, dedicated, relationship manager who will meet with them regularly
- attend a kick-off workshop with experienced lawyers from relevant practice areas (e.g., corporate, regulatory, IP and commercial) to identify the fintech’s legal needs and create a legal roadmap
- have access to GBP 33,000 worth of UK legal advice covering the priority areas identified in the legal roadmap
- benefit complimentary virtual GC offering, which will entitle each of them to 15-minute hotline calls for other ad hoc advice
- have discounted fees and alternative fee arrangements if additional support is required
- have a start-up pack of standard template agreements and checklists
- have complimentary access to our experienced business professionals (e.g., marketing, PR, L&D)
- have complimentary access to select thought leadership, events and networks
- feature in a special edition of Finsights Fintech podcast
The Fintech Counsel Fund targets fintech growth companies (early and mid-stage companies post Series A) based in the UK. There are no minimum requirements in terms of size, scale or maturity of business and no limitations in terms of which fintech vertical a company is focused on.
Application window is open until Friday, 27 May 2022. Short-listed companies will be notified by early June 2022 and invited to a pitch evening scheduled for Thursday, 30 June 2022. The three selected companies will be unveiled in Summer 2022 and the Fintech Counsel Fund programme will kick off in September 2022.