develoPPP Ventures supports startups within its framework ; Ghana, Kenya and Tanzania and are selected during an open ideas competition which takes place twice a year for six weeks at the end of every two quarters (June and December) and is open to all start-ups that meet the conditions for participation. Depending on the target country, the funding contract is concluded with one of the two implementing partners, DEG Impulse gGmbH or Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH.
Participation requirements for the develoPPP Ventures ideas competition
- Startup must be registered in the target country or plans to register there prior to the co-financed growth investment
- Companies pursuing an innovative business model and are already generating initial revenues
- Business model has high development relevance and scalability and contributes to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- The complete conditions of participation for the develoPPP Ventures ideas competition can be found via :
- Conditions of participation
Do you meet the conditions of participation (PDF) and would like to apply for funding? Here’s how:
- Select target country
- Submit a completed application via the develoPPP application platform
- Each application will first be evaluated on the basis of consistent and transparent criteria. If your application is successful in the competition, you will be given the opportunity to pitch to the decision-making committee of DEG Impulse and GIZ. The best candidates will then undergo an on-site review (due diligence), which, if successful, will be followed by a funding contract.