The Absa Young Africa Works (YAWs) project is in partnership with Mastercard Foundation to fund and train 5,000 local businesses with the aim of creating 50,000 jobs in Ghana.
The project achieves this through capacity building and innovative lending solutions with a strong focus on women-led, youth, Fintech and Agric businesses. The Absa Young Africa Works Fintech Grant, an aspect of the project, provides much-needed financial support to youth operating in the Fintech and Agritech environment to close the access to funding gap.
Fintech and Agritech businesses, including startups with promising business models, will be the key focus for this grant. It is expected that by the end of the project in 2025, 20 Fintech’s/Agritech’s will be supported through financing (unsecured loans totaling about US$2.4M) and a US$250,000 grant budget allocated to promote innovation and job creation in line with the Absa Young Africa Works Objective.
- Must be a Fintech or Agri-tech with an innovative and promising idea that solves a problem in the MSME and Agribusiness sector
- The Fintech or Agri-tech can be at ideation or up-scaling stage
- Must be ready to receive capacity building sponsored by the Absa Young Africa Works Project
- Must be a registered business
- Must be willing to open a business account with Absa Bank
- Must have the potential to create jobs
- More advantages will be given to women and youth-led Fintechs/Agri-techs
Apply for this innovative lending solution aimed to empower our youth-led businesses operating in Ghana’s Fintech and Agritech environment. Together we can get things done.