5th Cohort Professional Certificate in Financial Technologies (FinTech) and Innovations
The Ghana Fintech and Payments Association and Knowledge Innovations
Certification by : Global Centre for Fintech Innovations, Canada.
The FinTech industry is a fast-growing sector. FinTech is shaping our financial system’s foundation, bringing in its wake innovations and changing how end-users interact with financial services.
The global FinTech market is valued at over USD 309.98 billion , with over 20,000 operators worldwide offering a variety of services.
FinTech can be broadly segmented by:
- technology (API; AI; Blockchain; Distributed Computing, robotic process automation (RPA), chatbots),
- service (mobile money; payment systems; funds transfer/remittances; personal finance; loans and savings; insurance; wealth management),
- application (regulatory technology, banking; insurance; real estate; securities).
Each passing day records new cutting-edge technologies in the FinTech industry, making it one of the fastest-growing innovative sectors delivering cost-effective personalized products to a wide variety of consumers, seeking to achieve universal financial inclusion for the large unbanked sector globally, particularly Africa.
In light of this background, the Professional Certificate in Financial Technologies (FinTech) and Innovations offered by Knowledge Innovations is designed to help you capture part of this market and innovate.
Innovations in FinTech is creating new opportunities for companies and driving new business model for existing ones. Therefore, recent entrants and existing companies are obligated to invest in strategy, human capital, and resources, which are needed for them to take advantage of numerous fintech opportunities.
Professional Certificate in Financial Technologies (FinTech) and Innovations is designed with professionals like you in mind who are committed to acquiring new skills and knowledge in this fast-growing sector. This course is structured to help you learn about the state of play, trends, and, more importantly, strategic insights and ideas that you can translate into actionable steps.
The course faculty and guest speakers are made up of exceptional and world-class thought leaders who have come to the course with both in-depth theoretical and practical experiences to ensure your learning journey is supported with the strategic insights you need to succeed in a rapidly evolving FinTech industry.
See below what past course participants(9th -10th November 2022 ) have to say about our FinTech and Innovation Course :
- Mind blowing and mouth opening insightful knowledge
2. Frequent webinar series after the two day training for a period of 1 year. As we can learn more.
4. Great training. Kudos to organisers
5. Overall, it was a good one
6. Excellent. I can’t wait for the next session.
It was worth attending
7. I am happy about the insight and love it thanks
The 5 modules held over course duration will help you gain knowledge and skills in the following:
Module 1: Financial Technologies and Digital Transformation
- Introduction to FinTech
- History and development of Fintech
- New culture, attitudes, and practices
- identify key FinTech opportunities and solution for your company
- Financial inclusion
- FinTech Security
Module 2: Fintech Key trends and applications
- Pension (PenTech)
- Real Estates Tech
- Insurance (Insurtech)
- Understanding mobile money services
Module 3: FinTech Legal and regulatory framework
- Learn key legal provisions, policies, and regulations related to Fintech
- Analyze national and international fintech regulation
- Regulatory Technology (RegTech)
Module 4: Digital Payments
- Identify critical digital payment options driving Fintech
- Gain a broad view of digital currencies
- Peer-to-peer platforms and transactions
Module 5 : Emerging technologies driving Fintech
- Learn how to apply blockchain and cryptography in fintech solutions
- Evaluate blockchain and cryptography risks and opportunities
- Develop a strategy on how to leverage blockchain and cryptography opportunities
- Anticipate challenges in using emerging technologies.
Kwami Ahiabenu II
He is a leading tech and innovations expert. Kwami has written extensively on FinTech and serves as a Consultant to the sector as well as providing board leadership to a FinTech start up.
Martin Kwame Awagah
He is an Economist and Financial Analyst. Martin’s professional concentration for the past 10 years has been on economic research, governance, public policy, international development, financial analysis and project management. He has spoken at several FinTech events and organises the annual Ghana FinTech outlook event.
Emeka is the CEO of Vikantti Software and CTO & Co-founder of Next.2.us. The latter is a website that focuses on geosocial connectivity using various applications, including SMS and mobile phones. Okoye has over 17 years’ experience in Web, Enterprise & Mobile Software and Project Management.
King Carl Tornam Duho
King Carl Tornam Duho, ACMA CGMA is a finance and economic professional with many years of experience in the private sector, academia and public policy. He is a Chartered Accountant and a Youth Fellow with the International Monetary Fund (IMF). He is the Technical Advisor for the Dataking Research Lab of Dataking Consulting, a social enterprise working on critical business and public policy issues.
Cohort 4 Guest Presenters
Henry Cobblah is an eFounder at the Alibaba Group with specialty in
Web, Mobile Applications, Software and Digital Graphics design and development, E-commerce, Artificial Intelligence and AR and Digital Payments.
Mr. Prince Adu
Mr. Prince Adu is an experienced and dedicated IT Professional with over 12 years of professional experience in the Cyber and Information security industry with strong expertise in Cyber strategy development, IT Governance, Risk
Management, End to End vulnerability management, penetration testing
Richard Nunekpeku is the Managing Partner at Sustineri Attorneys PRUC – a boutique law firm specializing in business and transactional legal services. His interest spans Company, Commercial and Corporate Law, Start-ups and Fintech, Agribusiness, Property and Investment Law, Commercial Dispute Resolution, and general business law
Eric Nsarkoh is a leading tech expert with the following specialties: CEO, Engineering, Digital Strategy, Sales & Distribution, CIO, Digital Financial Services, Telecommunication Management, Operations Management
Frequently Asked Questions
Decision-makers, Key management staff and senior executives from
- Regulatory agencies
- Micro credits companies
- Savings and loans firms
- Credit union
- FinTech Companies
- Research Institutions
- Donor Agencies
- Discover the latest trends and development in the fintech industry to enable you to stay on top of the competition.
- Learn and comprehend how the fintech industry is structured and gain insight into future trends and development
- Gain insights into emerging technologies like machine learning, big data, and artificial intelligence
- Debate how Fintech is shaping our financial services.
- Explore new ideas on how you can utilize the power of Fintech for change in your community and professional space
All participant who completes this course will be given a certificate of completion from the Sam Jonah School of Business from the African University College of Communications (AUCC)
- Presentation of key concepts by Course Directors/Facilitators
- Discussion through the use of trigger questions
- Group discussion
- Review of articles
- Case studies
- Assignment requiring Participants to undertake online research
- Guest Speaker presentation ( one guest speaker per day – 60 minutes session)
- Short assignment
Each module will be assigned a time box of 3 hours
Daily course will be assigned a time box of 5 hours
Final examination will be made up of 30 multiple questions with a time box of 20 minutes