The Visa Accelerator Program is now open for applications to help startups unlock their growth potential and scale across the Asia Pacific region, by collaborating on joint solutions that address the biggest opportunities in digital payments.
The Visa Accelerator Program is designed for growth stage companies looking to expand their market reach, with a focus on product solutioning, technical integration and fast-tracked commercialisation.
Together with Visa’s payment experts, product architects and business development teams, startups in the Visa Accelerator Program get to rapidly co-develop, test, and iterate new solutions, while pursuing tangible go-to-market opportunities with their extensive network of financial institutions, merchants and digital partners over a course of six months.
The Program is designed to accelerate innovation by identifying high caliber startups able to collaborate with Visa and key Visa partners to create cutting-edge solutions through a process of opportunity exploration and validation via a Proof of Concept (“POC”). Selected participants that successfully complete the Program may also have the opportunity to collaborate with Visa, its affiliates and its partners in various ways including commercialization, partnerships, and new product development, and to receive mentoring support and potential investment from Visa, its affiliates or its partners. Selected participants may also be nominated by Visa for inclusion (as representatives of the AP region) in the global Visa Everywhere Initiative (“VEI”) for 2023.
Who are they looking for?
- Startups with solutions addressing one of the following opportunity areas:
- Web 3.0
- Global Money Movement
- Embedded Finance
- Merchant and Small Business Enablers
- Open Banking
- Startups with a market-tested solution that has gained traction
- A clearly articulated scope and business rationale for a POC with Visa
- At least 9-12 months runway (Series A and above)
- Resources available for POC testing with Visa (startup can dedicate time and focus without impacting core operations)
- Startups that demonstrate commitment to expanding in Asia Pacific
- Existing operations in the region is a plus
- Test and validate your solution efficiently through a focused Proof of Concept (POC) to generate maximum impact within a short timeline
- Get equity-free funding of up to US$50,000, at Visa’s discretion, to support your POC
- Get business and technical support to build and deploy your solution
- Get exclusive introductions to Visa’s global network of clients and partners
- Explore tailored partnerships and commercialisation opportunities post-program
- Follow-on integration with Visa ecosystem initiatives and programs
- Access Visa leadership and subject matter experts to build your roadmap
- Dedicated Visa Sponsor and POC working team, to open doors and champion your startup
- Access Plug & Play’s renowned mentor network to fast track your growth
- Expand into new regions with their market-specific expertise
- A fast track for follow-on pilots, commercial agreements, co-creation, and even potential funding for successful POCs across Asia-Pacific
- Get recognised on the global stage as one of the elite startups accepted into the program