18 Apr 2024 – 19 Apr 2024, The Fintech Innovation Hub at the University of Delaware STAR Campus in Newark, Delaware.
Announcing the Inaugural Fintech and Financial Institutions Research Conference.
Co-Sponsored by: University of Delaware (UD) and The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia
The inaugural Fintech and Financial Institutions Conference is a forum for presenting and sharing current research on the connectivity between FinTech organizations and the greater financial services system. The conference will focus on enhancing understanding of the economic consequences and impacts, as well as the regulatory implications of the growing fintech sector.
This event is jointly planned and sponsored by the University of Delaware and the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia. https://lnkd.in/dnGjMeV7
Dates: April 18 (evening only) and April 19, 2024
Location: The Fintech Innovation Hub at the University of Delaware STAR Campus in Newark, Delaware
[TOPICS]: Submissions of high-quality theoretical or empirical research papers exploring aspects related to fintech trends are invited. These may include:
1. Competition and collaboration dynamics between traditional financial institutions and new market entrants
2. Financial stability consequences of the interplay between fintech and traditional lenders (including analysis of the recent fragility episode in the US banking system)
3. Impact on credit supply and pricing for large firms, small businesses, and households
4. Real economy effects of fintech and the financial system’s response
5. Inequality issues – disparities across socio-demographic groups and regions
6. Influence of monetary and fiscal policies on fintech firms and financial institutions
7. Governance strategies and structures within fintech, crypto-exchanges, and blockchain organizations
8. The application of AI and ML by traditional and fintech lenders
9. Stablecoin and the real impact of cryptocurrencies
10. Regulatory considerations surrounding fintech and its interactions with the broader financial system
11. The impact of the credit scoring system on underserved communities and alternative credit assessment systems
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: TBA
STIPEND: $1,000 for each paper presenter and each discussant, to defray the costs of attending the conference (e.g., hotel or air travel)
BEST CONFERENCE PAPER AWARD: $5,000
[PAPER SUBMISSION PROCEDURE]: Papers for the conference should be submitted to UDFedConf@udel.edu
The deadline for paper submissions for the conference is midnight US EST December 15 2023