The Decentralized Finance ecosystem—which now represents an expansive network of integrated protocols and financial instruments worth more than $60 billion USD—has attracted more than 1.75 million users as well as several of the world’s leading financial institutions, crypto funds, exchanges, and family offices.
Early adopters have gained significant first-mover advantages after recognizing the shift of traditional financial service institutions, moving towards the adoption of Bitcoin, other cryptocurrencies, and institutional blockchain use cases. Once institution-focused DeFi tools, infrastructure, products, and services are successfully deployed to cater to heightened security, execution, and compliance requirements—many more institutions are sure to follow.
The institutional DeFi world is at an incredibly exciting moment in its adoption cycle. The time is ripe for your institution to learn about the experience of first movers, the emerging opportunities in the DeFi space, and how best to get started.
A guide to Decentralized Finance for financial institutions, cryptocurrency funds, exchanges, custodians, and family offices by ConsenSys covers the following key issues :
- The surge in institutional adoption of blockchain and digital assets
- The numerous opportunities emerging in the DeFi space
- The challenges of institutional engagement in DeFi
- Different ways in which institutions can get started accessing, investing, and participating in DeFi
- DeFi solutions by ConsenSys